I started writing sci-fi and comedy short stories in my teens for school magazines, then went on to work as Apprentice Editor for Loopline Films in 1994, working mainly on a TV documentary and moving on to short films, promotional videos and feature work in various capacities.
I received a B.A. in Film & I.T. in 1997 and have been writing Science-Fiction and Comedy/Action scripts ever since. I have written 6 Short Scripts: The Apple, A Different World (produced), A:D (produced), A Hundred Years of Learning (documentary, produced), Heroman and the satire NTV Cribs. My feature scripts include THE MESSENGER (sci-fi), DÍARMAID & GRÁINNE (romantic comedy), A:D (sci-fi) and HEROMAN (superhero comedy).
In 2005 I wrote, produced and directed the no-budget special effects laden sci-fi short A:D, then went on to receive an M.A. in Screenwriting in 2006 and a Diploma in TV & Video (Distinction) in 2008.
I am currently developing my feature projects HEROMAN and Project Bluebeam.
- 2018 L.A. International Film Festival Screenwriting Award (4th Place Winner)
- 2014 New Hampshire Film Festival Screenwriting Award (Grand Prize)
- 2014 Nashville Film Festival Screenwriting Award (Science-Fiction)
- 2013 Acclaim Screenwriting Award (Fall/Winter)
- 2013 Query Pros Screenwriting Award (Comedy)
- 2019 Screencraft Comedy Screenwriting Award (Top 50)
- 2015 Awareness Film Festival Screenwriting Award (Top 15)
- 2014 Burbank International Screenwriting Award (Top 10 Original Screenplay)
- 2014 IFIPG Screenwriting Competition (11th Place)
- 2015 Screencraft Science Fiction Screenwriting Award
- 2014 Circus Road Screenwriting Award
- 2013 Austin Screenwriting Competition (Top 10 in Science Fiction)
- 2013 Austin Screenwriting Competition (Top 20 in Comedy)
- 2013 StoryPros 7 Screenwriting Competition
- 2016 Filmmakers International Screenwriting Competition
- 2014 Screencraft Family Friendly Screenwriting Competition
- 2013 PAGE International Screenwriting Competition
- 2013 The Happy Writers Screenwriting Competition.